We're pushing out a big release today with the following changes: New Features & Enhancements: Ability to issue refunds Ability to request additional payment A link to the Shop’s terms & conditions in the footer of the customer’s quote and order status screens...
Our Presale Module just launched, which means the next time you log in to your dashboard (or refresh your page, maybe log out and back in), the Presale area will be available. YAY! Setting up a presale is very simple. Essentially, you create a Presale ‘event’ (click...
Hi there! Lisa here, owner of Borderlands Bakery. In my ten years of cookie decorating, I spent 5 of them taking on custom orders for decorated sugar cookies and french macarons. Having lived that custom-order life and after talking with thousands of other bakers, we...
Announcements, Known Issues & Monetization updated 13 Oct 2023
Expect a 4-6 hour downtime as we run this huge update which will allow us to monetize our platform. Here’s what you need to know:
- Effectively immediately, we’ll be charging $10/month for PRO users. See the comparison table for our feature list and what’s included in the FREE vs PRO plan. You get 1 month free if you pay upfront for a year: no refunds
- If you want to use the integrated payment processing via Square, you’ll need to get PRO ASAP. Make sure you also set up your cash/other payment instructions in your Business settings as a backup, just in case! Also, if you don’t want to lose your storage, get PRO ASAP.
- Expect that what the app currently is like NOW is what it’ll be for the first 2 months after monetization. Enhancements and bug fixes will start rolling out 2 months AFTER we monetize to give the team a little breather. It’s also possible we hit snags during go-live and will need to adjust.
- This allows us to start recouping a bit of the hundreds of thousands of dollars investment we’ve put into the app since starting development in 2019, the ~2 years of free use plus the current/future development & maintenance of the tool moving forward.
- We want to give people who sell infrequently a FREE option. The abbreviated feature list for FREE accounts is strategic. Most of our resources go into processing and storage.
- If you’re NOT going PRO, you’ll have one month after PRO launches (Nov. 15, 2023) to grab all your data if you need it, otherwise, we are going to delete all your orders and products that have not been edited, or ordered in the last 15 months.
- If you decide to go PRO, you can manage your subscription in your Account settings starting Oct. 13, 2023:
Fixed in this update:
- Space & punctuation at the end of presale title bug causing broken links
- Issues with yahoo.com (and some other domains) status update emails failing to send
- Issues with billing country during checkout
- Issues with refund amounts not matching up
Issues that we’ll address in a future update:
- If you find that your payments are glitchy and being stuck in processing (spinning), the most common issue here is that there’s an error in the billing address, credit card number, zip or CVV – please ask your clients to disable autofill and input their info manually, double checking the info is correct.
- If you have over 130 product listings, you may experience slowed performance. This is a resource scaling issue. This limitation will be removed shortly after we monetize. For now, since you can’t delete products, delete what products haven’t sold, repurpose listings OR make a second shop with another email address (sorry, we know this sucks)
- If you use square, and you’re getting credit card processing errors, disconnect and reconnect your square account under Business. They recently had a HUGE outage which caused things to require a refresh.
- Please STOP using fake email addresses to test orders and to input client orders to bypass their approval, use your own email address. All these bouncebacks are negatively impacting us and email providers will either block us, or put us in spam more frequently. We need everyone’s help in marking email@example.com as SAFE and/or adding it to your contacts list. We’re working through this issue but it’s going to take some time to figure out how to get off this “blacklist”. If your clients aren’t getting status emails, have them add firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact.
- Please double-check the email address when an order/quote comes in. For example, we see a ton of bouncebacks with .con (instead of .com). If you notice this, please fix it.
- Square is no longer refunding processing fees to customers beginning April 11, 2023. If you provide a full refund, processing fees will now come out of your pocket. Make sure to update your terms and conditions if applicable. For more information, visit: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5615-refunds-faqs#:~:text=What%20happens%20to%20the%20processing,the%20payment%20are%20not%20refunded.