Last Updated January 31, 2024
As with any software product, there’s a lot that goes on in the background, and updates are constantly being made to maintain and enhance the product. Many of these changes are invisible to the average user. It’s inevitable (and expected) to have some bugs/funky behavior that do not impact core functionality of the program. This list allows us to communicate these known issues with you in case you encounter them, alongside our recommended workarounds.
- Square Getting Disconnected (we’re seeing this happen monthly to some users.. but not everyone): Square has been updating their authentication protocols, and you may notice that your Square connection may be interrupted periodically. Usually, you only notice when someone’s payment isn’t going through. If this happens, first go into your Business Settings and see if your Square connection is showing on- if it’s showing on, DISCONNECT it first. Then, open up a separate tab on your computer and log in to your Square account to perform a hard reset from the Square side. Go to settings (bottom left corner). A pop-up will show App Integration as an option. Go there. Then at the top, you should see MCB. On the far right are 3 dots. Click on those and disconnect app. Then you’ll need to go back in to MCB and give Square access again.
Unfortunately, Square does experience an outage occasionally. They are usually pretty quick about getting things back up but if you ever experience an error with Square, here’s where you can check if there’s an outage with Square: https://www.issquareup.com/
- Checkout issues with in-app browsers: when using MCB from an in-app browser like the ones built into Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc., the checkout process doesn’t always process correctly, or you’ll receive an error message when attempting to check out. Have your customers open your MCB link in a native browser like Safari Chrome instead of from in-app
- General time-out errors can look like you getting kicked out of the app when trying to do things or navigate to different parts of the app or when adding products, etc.
- If you have over 130 product listings, you may experience slowed performance & increased time-out errors. This is a resource scaling issue, and we are actively working toward a fix, but this requires a huge backend update. For now, since you can’t delete products, delete what products haven’t sold, repurpose listings OR make a second shop with another email address (sorry, we know this sucks)
- Image Uploading Errors: If you get an error uploading certain images, it’s possible that the data in the image itself has something in it that’s not compatible with the app. Simply take a screenshot of the photo and save it as a standard jpeg.
- Taxes on packaging slips. Some of you may notice that tax is showing up on packaging slips when they aren’t supposed to be there. In these situations, tax is not actually being charged, but there’s a bug that’s causing it to show up only on packaging slips. There’s no workaround for this as this doesn’t impact the actual processes and numbers, however, if you need a copy of a packaging slip with price, instead of generating the PDF from MCB, use the “print” function on your browser to print a copy of the order page for your client if they require an itemized receipt.
- Certain accounts can’t open links in emails. Some users may get a blank white screen when clicking on a link in their “new order”/”new quote request” email to view the order. We’re not entirely sure what’s going on here yet, but are very aware. For the time being, going into the dashboard will be the best way to view the order.
- Unable to view Presale or Products or Issues with Checking Out with Square (when there is other wise no issues) – This usually happens when you have multiple special characters (punctation, etc.) in your presale title. (i.e “Vday sale — Opens Feb. 5th, 2024!!” vs “Vday Sale Open Feb 5th 2024”) Keep it clean and simple. We’re looking at ways to change how we generate URLs in the future.
- Gallery/Image limitations: As we work on getting updates made to the app, we’ve temporarily limited the amount of photos for PRO users. This is a temporary limitation that we will lift as soon as we can.
As always, if you need help, please don’t hesitate to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also find this information alongside our private Facebook group info in the Announcements pinned to the top of your Dashboard when you log in to your account.