We're pushing out a big release today with the following changes: New Features & Enhancements: Ability to issue refunds Ability to request additional payment A link to the Shop’s terms & conditions in the footer of the customer’s quote and order status screens...
Hi there! Lisa here, owner of Borderlands Bakery. In my ten years of cookie decorating, I spent 5 of them taking on custom orders for decorated sugar cookies and french macarons. Having lived that custom-order life and after talking with thousands of other bakers, we...
Presale Module Release & Enhancements
Our Presale Module just launched, which means the next time you log in to your dashboard (or refresh your page, maybe log out and back in), the Presale area will be available. YAY!
Setting up a presale is very simple. Essentially, you create a Presale ‘event’ (click “New Presale”), fill out all your parameters, add your products, and then it goes live whenever you configure it. Don’t forget to set up your products as Fixed priced items with Direct-Checkout enabled and please, double check your inventory. (PS: get creative, you can even use Presale for classes!)
Important: You may choose to leave Presale-only products as “unlisted” so that they do not appear twice in your shop (once under Presale, again under All Products).
Furthermore, if you have products in your normal shop you also want to include in your presale, but with less customization, go ahead and copy that Product, amend it so it fits your presale needs, and then keep it unlisted when it’s added to the presale.
From the front-end website perspective (what your clients see), your “Product” menu has now changed to “Shop” and will contain both Presales and All Products as sub-menu items. If you don’t have any Presales listed, it’ll just show up as “Shop” and it’ll take you to All Products.
We also snuck in a few additional enhancements:
- Verbiage: the concept of Delivery is now Fulfillment. This means the term “fulfillment” covers all: delivery, pickup, and shipping (specifically: drop off à local delivery, pickup à local pickup)
- We updated the verbiage for custom products during checkout, so it’s more clear for the client, it’s now “request a quote” instead of “add to cart”
- Order Dashboard: table shows more info & has sorting options
- Unread chat notification emails are now set to send within 15-30 min instead of 1-2 hours
- Clients can now see the pickup locations on the front end
- Order and Quote update notifications are only sent to clients when the Status changes, making it feel less spammy for your clients (there is some more work to do here with refining email verbiage & workflow, etc.)
If you find any bugs or run into snags, don’t be shy to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org OR please join our Facebook Group where other MCB users are helping each other out and sharing creative ways of using MCB functionality. I’m going to hold off on creating any walk-throughs until we have any of the initial kinks worked out.
We hope you all enjoy these new features and that it makes your lives easier. Our next goal is to tackle product sorting along with a few other high priority items.
Please tell your friends about MCB. We depend heavily on word-of-mouth to grow. We’ll also be present at Cookie Con in Reno to run live demos and answer any questions you may have. And if you’re able to, please make a purchase from our Shop to support our app development efforts!