Our Presale Module just launched, which means the next time you log in to your dashboard (or refresh your page, maybe log out and back in), the Presale area will be available. YAY! Setting up a presale is very simple. Essentially, you create a Presale ‘event’ (click...
Introducing: My Custom Bakes
Hi there! Lisa here, owner of Borderlands Bakery. In my ten years of cookie decorating, I spent 5 of them taking on custom orders for decorated sugar cookies and french macarons. Having lived that custom-order life and after talking with thousands of other bakers, we...
Release Notes 17-June-2022
We’re pushing out a big release today with the following changes:
New Features & Enhancements:
- Ability to issue refunds
- Ability to request additional payment
- A link to the Shop’s terms & conditions in the footer of the customer’s quote and order status screens
- Ability to request full order balance upon quote acceptance
- Enhanced the Manage Order and Manage Quote screens (split features into each activity, actions buttons have been moved to different locations, improved the editing order items)
- Corrected the order/quote item count shown in summaries to account for item quantities
- Dashboard total revenue should now be correct for those that encountered the square transaction stats bug
- Added new alert to cart drawer informing the customer they will be requesting a quoteNOTE: We’ve changed the way that we’re calculating sales tax. This may result in minor differences (pennies) between your order totals and your collected totals. Moving forward, this change will allow us to implement product-by-product sales tax rates. Orders processed after this release should not have these discrepancies.
Please take some time to play with the new workflows and if you have any questions, please leave a comment below OR email us email@example.com.
Is there a way a customer can leave a tip? I get a lot of customers that leave tips when paying via cash or Venmo, but with Credit Card payments via Square, I do not know if they have that option?
Hi Kristen, thanks for your question. You can go into your Square settings and enable tipping, which allows your customers to leave a tip when checking out with Square.
Hi – is there a way I can add a “Frequently Asked Questions ” section to my shop’s menu (with its own tab like the “Shop” and “Gallery” tabs)?
Hi Mary, we do not support additional menu customizations. In order to keep this platform low maintenance and currently zero cost, these are one of the decisions we made early on. We suggest putting FAQs on your front page.
Hello! I was wondering if there could be an option to sort of “nudge” for a payment? Example, I had a presale and some have not paid their invoice since the chose to pay through a different platform.
I was thinking of “if not paid by [date] order will be cancelled”
I know this is something that can be done personally via email but just thought of this as a possible option.
Jessica, we automatically send reminders for you- but you should definitely add that note to your homepage AND your terms. Here’s the post that outlines when we send payment reminders: https://info.mycustombakes.com/knowledge-base/understanding-quote-and-order-workflows/